Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Another Catholic Problem

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000069384/polls_barney_burp_3654_410201_answer_1_xlarge.gif

Here's another Catholic Problem for you.  Is it just me or does anyone else feel bad when you need to burp right after receiving Holy Communion?

I mean, having not eaten for an hour before Mass and Jesus still having the physical properties of bread/wafer and wine seems like the perfect storm for belching.

Similar to bread crumbs still being fully Jesus, is the gas that is expelled also?

It seems disrespectful, which is why I usually try to hold it in, but if the celebration of the Mass is supposed to be a feast, then isn't a good burp afterwards a good thing and a compliment to the chef?  (I suppose it depends on the culture - I have no idea about ancient Palestine.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment