Friday, May 27, 2011

The Possimpible Way










I've always liked David Hayward's image of the "Narrow Way".









As I live more and more life, Jesus' words in Matthew 7:13-14 continue to ring more and more true.  It's really hard to follow Jesus and it requires changing, stretching, and conforming our hearts, very painfully at times, to be more like His.  Narrow gate indeed.

I have to admit though, that after seeing Hayward's image, one of the first things that came to my mind was, "Hey, that totally reminds me of the Japanese variety show human tetris game!"



And then after watching the video again, I've come to the conclusion that it's an even better analogy, albeit a much more ridiculous and light-hearted one!  Let me explain:

It's always a shock when we first realize how much is required of us to become a disciple.


Many of us actually make an attempt to try and figure out what it takes to follow Jesus.



Some of us fail...


...even when it looks pretty easy to observers.
(how do they not beat this one?!)

Some of us succeed!...


...only to discover that the next level  in following Jesus is even crazier and more impossible (or possimpible if you will).



 Then on top of that, try to do it in community.


No comments:

Post a Comment